Six Montrealers of diverse experiences will explore issues surrounding migration, community and rootedness in what is expected to be a lively and informative roundtable discussion at the UNIA Hall on November 16, from 7 pm to 9:30 pm.
The event is hosted by Logos Readings and will include contributions with the assistance of Quebec Arts Council.
• Leila Marshy: novelist and founder of the Friends of Hutchison Street, an organisation that promotes dialogue between Hasidic and non-Hasidic neighbours.
• David Austin: professor at John Abbott College, and author/editor of several books that focus on literary and political issues.
• Gloria Macher: international Award Winner of Latin-American fiction and author of five books.
• Dimani Mathieu Cassendo: creator of comic strips that challenge all forms of bigotry.
• Egbert Gaye: print and radio journalist, founder and publisher of Montreal Community Contact
• H. Nigel Thomas: author and co-cordinator of Lectures Logos Readings.
Admission is free and refreshments will be served. Info: 450-465-5209/ firstname.lastname@example.org