Trini Revellers present an Independence Celebration
On Sunday, August 28th, Trini Revellers will celebrate the 54th Anniversary of Independence of Trinidad & Tobago with a mega show at Caribbean Paradise Restaurant in LaSalle.
The event will feature a full cast of artistes to entertain Montrealers including calypsonians , comedy, drumming and dancing. There will be a special appearance by Miss Trinidad and Tobago, first runner-up at Miss Montreal Carnival pageant 2016. Guest speaker is Mr. Ron Licorish.
According to organizer Tamba Lewis, of Trini Revellers, this year’s celebration promises to be very spectacular.
The group is comprised of young Canadians of Trinbago parentage.
“Our objective is to promote Trinidad and Caribbean culture here in Montreal. So come one and all, of all color, creed and race. We promise an enjoyable evening,” says Lewis
The event will take place at the Caribbean Paradise Restaurant, 8080 Newman, Lasalle.
Tickets $15.00; at door $20. Call 514 431 4620, 514 364 1232, 514 363 8080.
Cornucopia Association of Canada will be hosting its 36th Annual Benefit Gala Dinner and Scholarship Presentations on August 20th 2016 at 6pm. Happening at the Bocci’s Banquet Hall, 1756 Av. Dollard, Montreal.
MIKEY Dangerous in Concert
Juno Award Winner MIKEY Dangerous & Friends will be LIVE in Concert with the Higher Heights Band and Special Guest MUNGA Honorable with Special Guest DJS on Saturday, 27th August 2016 at 10 PM at Le Belmont in Montreal, Quebec.
Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, link-up! DCarby, Sean, Fyah-Foxxx, Gilly Krazylegs Carby presents a Virgo Affair, will also be celebrating DCarby Birthday at V-Lounge, 662 90th Ave LaSalle on Saturday 27th August 2016. Admission: $10 guest list, $15 at the door. music by: djs tuff (the legend), Fyah-Foxx, Doganotch, Selecta Sabu, & the Loverock Sound playing the best in Reggae, Hip-Hop, RnB and Soca. For guest list contact Chubby 438-869-3504, DCarby 438-939-4921, Gilly 613-261-3240 or Fyah-Foxx 416-893-8276. Hope to see you there!
Uptown Reggae Nights – Queens of Reggae
The Jamaica Association of Montreal presents Uptown Reggae Nights – Queens of Reggae edition on Friday 2nd September 2016 at 9 PM. Taking place at Jamaican’s Association of Montreal in Montreal, Quebec. Featuring Juliet Nelson and The Blessed Band, Kaisha Lee and Sweetz. Musical entertainment by James Bond, Little Thunder and Dynamic Sounds. Hosted by Nadine from Positive Vibes. Tickets $10.
49th Anniversary Gala
The Guyana Cultural Association of Montreal cordially invites you to its 49th Anniversary Gala on Saturday 10th September 2016. Held at Eveagreen Reception Hall, 5011 Buchan Montreal. Cocktails start at 6pm and dinner begins at 7pm. Entertainment by actors Andre Wiltshire and Howard Lorrimer and music provided by DJ Toney! Open bar all night and formal attire. Cost: $75 per person and $40 for dance only. For tickets/reservations call: (450) 445-0747, (514) 969-7416 & (514) 365-1198.
Cocktails and Creativity
March 8 Media Ent presents Cocktails and Creativity on Saturday 10th September 2016 from 5pm to 10pm at Espace Urbaine, 5926 Rue Saint-Hubert. A night filled with Montreal’s creative artists, giveaways, food and fun. $15 gets you in the door plus the signature drink for the night. Come check it out…tickets available on eventbrite.com.
Loyal Mizpah Lodge #11 cordially invite you to their Bus Trip to Watertown, U.S.A. on Saturday 10th September 2016. Bus leave from –Newman Mall, LaSalle (front of maxi) at 7:00a.m. –Van Horne Shopping Center at 7:30 a.m. –West Island Mall (front of maxi) at 8:00a.m. “Limited seats, Book Early” Donation; $45.00 bring traveling documents. For further info please call: Alexis 514-594-5443 George 514-582-1434 Mervyn 514-296-7568 Geoffrey 514-219-8257
Ladies Night Out
Mr. Luck Dog from Crystal Sounds and Sharlene First Lady present Ladies Night Out starring Ragashanti and DJ Criss Cross on Saturday 24th September 2016 at Catalogna Lounge, 775 1st Ave Montreal.
T&T Revellers Independence
Trini Revellers celebrate the 54th Anniversary of Trinidad and Tobago Independence on Sunday 28th August 2016 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Caribbean Paradise, 8080 Newman, LaSalle. The event will be MC by Tamba Lewis. Special Guests Doggies and, Candy Bajoon, Miss Trinidad and Tobago and First runner up at Miss Montreal Carnival Pageant 2016. Appearances by ACD Drummers, Ezra, Lady Paul, Evelyn, Kemba, Sagaboy, Lady B, Lady Joyce, Loveman Kent, Candy, Tamba, Doggies. music by ABNA and SixTen. Advance Tickets $15.00 at the door $20.00. For more info contact 438-827-1233, 514-431-4620-, 514-364-1232, 438-937-1924.
Savoys Toute Bagay
Savoys present Toute Bagay on Sunday 25th September 2016 at 5:30pm-9pm. Montrealers are encouraged to enjoy an evening of steelpan music, calypsonians and other performers at Le Manoir, 5319 N.D.G. Donation is $13. Info: call 514-363-8080 or 514-223-6296.
Barbados House (Mtl.) Inc.
Barbados House (Mtl.) Inc. cordially invites you to celebrate under the distinguished Patronage of the Hugh Commissioner of Barbados, Yvonne Walker SCM JP Barbados 50th Anniversary of Independence Gala, Pride and Industry 1966-2016 on October 15, 2016 at Schofield Hall, 90 Roosevelt Avenue, Town of Mount Royal. Evening highlights will be a delicious gourmet dinner, a keynote address and live entertainment by Caribbean Thunderbolt along with D.J. Leslie. Cocktails from 6pm to 6:30pm Dinner 7:30pm. Gala Tickets $85 per person, Dance $40. For tickets contact Albert 514 808 3521, Andy 514 367 0250, Jean 438 876 7507, Ken 514 331 0628, Louise 514 345 8456 and Nigel 514 894 3856.
Oldies Dance 2016
The Club Social Antillais Inc will be sponsoring The Oldies Dance 2016 at Le Manoir 5319 Avenue, Notre-Dame-De-Grace on November 05, 2016 from 9pm-3am. Admission $15. One free drink for ladies before 11pm. Door prizes. Solid Bar and Fish Cakes. Music by DJ Austin.
NDG Arts Week 2016 (Free Admission)
• August 23, 2016 at 7pm to 9pm – Circus at Parc Benny, 6445 Av. De Monkland Montreal
• August 23, 2016 at 8:30pm – The Saver, the original English version. Free admission at Parc NDG, Sherbrooke West Montreal.
• August 23, 25 & 28, 2016 – Belles-Lettres, an evening of prose and poetry at Café Shaika, 5526 Rue Sherbrooke West Montreal.
• August 24, 2016 at 6:30pm to 8pm – Opera in the park at Parc Notre-Dame-De-Grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 25, 2016 at 6:30pm to 9:30pm – Tango in the park at Parc Notre-Dame-De-Grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 25, 2016 – Belles-Lettres II, an evening of prose and poetry at Café Shaika, 5526 Rue Sherbrooke West Montreal.
• August 25, 2016 at 8pm to 10:30pm – Maison de la culture Notre-Dame-De-Grace, 3755 Rue Botrel
• August 26, 2016 at 5pm to 6:30pm – The Sound of Bagpipes at Parc Notre-Dame-de-grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 26, 2016 at 8pm to 10pm – NDG Off The Wall Short Films at Parc Girouard, in case of rain River’s Edge Community Church
• August 27, 2016 at 10am to 7pm – NDG Park Art Hive at Parc Notre-Dame-de-grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 27, 2016 at 12pm to 5pm – NDG Art Walk at Coop La Maison Verte, 5785 Rue Sherbrooke West
• August 27, 2016 at 5pm to 10pm – Samedi in the park, a big concert event of Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk, R&B, Soul. Dancers, musicians, singers and poets at Parc Notre-Dame-de-Grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 28, 2016 at 12pm to 5 pm – NDG Intercultural Festival at Parc Benny, 6445 Av. De Monkland
• August 28, 2016 at 1 pm to 4pm – Finding the fun in writing at Bibliotheque Benny, 6400 Av. De Monkland
• August 28, 2016 at 12pm to 6pm – Country en ville, 10th edition acoustic music, old-time games, activities, yoga and dance at Parc Notre-Dame-de-Grace, 3500 Av. Girouard
• August 28, 2016 – Belles-Lettres III, an evening of prose and poetry at Café Shaika, 5526 Rue Sherbrooke West Montreal